Being content means not trying to change things…not asking for the impossible and settling for what ever is easiest.Jean Rolt
1. It was in the mid 40s and cloudy when I woke up with signs of clearing in the east. It was nice all morning and through lunchtime, but, alas, this afternoon brought a return of the rain and not much change in temperatures..
2. Today is Mama’s birthday. She’s been gone for 24 years, and she was effectively gone for 5 years before she died. She had Alzheimer’s. This picture was from a couple of years before she died, and you can tell she’s not sure where or who she is. That is a HORRIBLE disease. But I’m so happy we had her as long as we did.
3. Bratwurst and fresh aspagarus for lunch today. Big Al loves his processed meats, so I relent and give him sausages once a week or so.
4. My sister in Arkansas is back in her house, and, so far, there are no signs of damage to the pipes. My sister in the Hudson Valley in New York is warm and dry, even if she is still having snow flurries. Both of my son’s are also warm and dry, so everyone is safe and sound.
5. This is a holdover from yesterday, but the successful Mars mission really made me happy.
How about you? What made you happy today?