A good deed doesn’t just evaporate and disappear. Its consequences saturate the universe and the goodness that happens somewhere, anywhere, helps in the transfiguration of the ugliness.Desmond Tutu
1. It was in the low 40s and very windy when I got up. I guess I’ll have to put the garbage out next week. Last night I put the can and the glass container at the curb, but it had blown over by nightfall. It was probably pretty funny to see me running around in the twilight chasing jars that were rolling down the hill.
2. In Bible Study this morning we talked about how we know we are loved. I said I felt it from my parents. I know I disappointed them at times, but they never stopped loving me. I was surprised that some of the others in the class didn’t feel that with their folks. We were really lucky.
3. Big Al had quesadillas leftover from Sunday lunch. I had my standard ham sandwich.
4. I listened to HCR answer questions while I worked out after lunch. Apparently Facebook has pushed out new programs, and some of it was messing her up, but she did a wonderful job extemporaneously.
5. I was pleased to see that the state House of Representative has passed a bill to ban private prisons in Washington. We here in Tacoma have chafed for years over the private Detention Center that houses immigrants waiting for their hearings.
How about you? What made you happy today?