Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.Maya Angelou
1. It was in the high 30s and cloudy when I got up. It was 52 this afternoon when I quit paying attention.
2. In Bible Study this morning we looked at the 10 Commandments and places they are referenced in the New Testament. It was interesting to hear how others in the class thought about the commandments. Many were raised in very conservative churches and memorized the commandments before they were eight years old.
3. Surprise! I didn’t have my perineal ham sandwich for Tuesday lunch today. I had leftover tuna fish from Saturday.
4. I listened to HCR’s Politics Chat while I worked out this afternoon. I love the way she ties the political questions of the day into a study of history. She spent a large portion of the time today talking about immigration and the Southern border. She pointed out that agricultural workers have crossed back and forth ever since there has been a country (and probably before that, too). Most of the border crossings now are from agricultural workers going from North to South.
5. I’m afraid I’m going to have to gear up to promote voting rights. I like following the news and politics, but it’s really irritating to have to go to the mat every 15 to 30 years over things that should have been settled years ago. And now anti-trans legislation is raising its ugly head again. <sigh>
How about you? What made you happy today?