In the stillness of the quiet, if we listen, we can hear the whisper of the heart giving strength to weakness, courage to fear, hope to despair.Howard Thurman
1. It was in the mid 30s and cloudy/misty when I got up this morning. The sun came out and burned off the clouds before breakfast. It warmed up nicely this afternoon, and made it pleasant to be outside for the first time in a long while.
2. I went to Safeway today. I had forgotten to get bread when I ordered, so it was really necessary for me get some for breakfasts. I think that’s the first time I’ve been inside the store in months and months, but I decided, why not? I’m fully vaccinated and I wore my mask.. The last time I went I was in a tizzy for almost at month worrying about whether I had caught “IT”.
3. I got a little rotisserie chicken for lunch while I was at the store. There was enough meat for both of us for dinner with enough leftover to maybe make Chicken Tetrazzini next week. I added a potato and some cauliflower and broccoli for a fine lunch.
4. Big Al voluntarily walked up to the Gazebo after lunch. We saw several folks we haven’t seen in months and had a nice, socially-distanced visit with them.
5. I’m starting to dream of flowers in the pots on my front porch, and sprucing up my hanging basket. Begonias did really well last year. I will probably buy a new hanging basket. The one from last year was actually one I bought in 2019, and last year I just clipped the dead out of the geraniums and added some lantana. I’d like a change.
How about you? What made you happy today?