1. The trees that I thought had been frostbitten, and so wouldn’t bloom this year are proving me wrong. Everything in Tacoma is bursting into bloom – cherries, apples, and everything else.
2. One of the things I heard on Sunday evening at the mosque was that the Muslims don’t grieve that people die young, or really even grieve when people die. They say that Allah has ordained the time of each life, and it’s in Allah’s hands. Very similar to our Christian sentiment “In life and death we belong to God.”
3. In case I didn’t mention it yet – it’s another gorgeous day in the PNW.
4. On my way home from the grocery store I saw an older, kind of ratty looking pickup truck that had sparkly wire rims that flashed in the sun as it drove. It reminded me of the shoes for little kids that light up as they run.
5. The housekeepers were here today and I have clean sheets on the bed, clean bathrooms, a clean kitchen, and all the floors have been swept and vacuumed. The yard guys also stopped by to see what I wanted to have pruned later this week. I love living here.
How about you? What made you happy today?