We are responsible for our own ignorance or, with time and openhearted enlightenment, our own wisdom.Isabel Wilkerson
1. Low 40s (again) and cloudy (again) when I got up. It got into the mid- to upper-50s this afternoon. It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow, but next week looks pretty decent otherwise.
2. I finished my MasterClass from Paul Krugman – Economics and Society. Now I’m getting ready to start one from Neil deGrasse Tyson on Scientific Thinking and Communication. I love the way each individual lesson is less than 15 minutes, and I can watch three in a row if I want or only one. My brain was going to mush, and, the cost of the yearly subscription lets me feel engaged with the world again.
3. I had planned to have red beans and rice with lil’ smokies for lunch, but, alas, no red beans and rice. So I fixed Bear Creek Creamy Potato Soup and floated the lil’ smokies in it. It was very satisfactory. Then I remembered that I had ordered red beans and rice from Amazon, and there were 10 packages in the garage. (sigh) But the potato soup was fine.
4. Oregon State men won their basketball game today. Oregon plays tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
5. The afternoon/evening springtime weather problems are blowing up in the Texarkana area. Just texted my sister and she was headed to the church to take shelter. The church has a basement and she goes down there when the skies threaten. Prayers appreciated.
How about you? What made you happy today?