When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love, then make that day count.Steve Maraboli
1. It was 36 deg and clear as a bell when I got up this morning. By mid afternoon the clear skies had given way to scattered clouds and 52 deg.
2. I started to work on the NYT crossword this morning, but I thought I’d get a little done on the blog first. Alas, when I tried to open the Word document where I keep quotations to use as tags on the blog, my computer told me I didn’t have a subscription to Word. I tried everything from rebooting to threatening to teach it to fly, and nothing worked, so I turned to my tame IT specialist (#2 son who works for free for me), and the two of us proceeded to tear our hair out to no avail. He had a Zoom meeting at noon, so he promised to get back to me in the afternoon.
3. Big Al and I had ham, potato, and fresh asparagus for lunch. Luckily, it was quick and easy because I was NOT in the mood to mess with anything special.
4. After lunch my son called me back, and after trying many things, suddenly everything worked. Seriously, I quit! I have known for many years, that sometimes computers take irrational dislikes to people, and there’s no way around it. Thank goodness for a tame IT expert.
5. I did get all the laundry done (in and amongst swearing at the computer). Clothes are washed dried, folded and hung up. I’m finished with everything I needed to do in time for Gazebo Group this evening. Whew! (I never did get the Times Crossword started. Maybe tomorrow).
How about you? What made you happy today?