This is the greatest challenge of being alive: to witness the injustice of this world, and not allow it to consume our light.Anonymous
1. It was around 40 deg when I woke up this morning and mostly cloudy. The sun was out sporadically all afternoon, and it warmed up to the mid 50s. It was warm enough that I walked over to the Wellness Center instead of taking the car.
2. Right after breakfast, the doorbell rang, and there was one of the staff, with these little Easter cupcakes. Thanks, Franke Tobey Jones.
3. We had bratwurst and sauerkraut with boiled potatoes for lunch. Big Al prefers sausage to just about any other kind of meat, so he was really happy.
4. I got outside and fed the birds this afternoon. If the weather holds out, I’ll hook up the hose next week and give the birdbath a scrubbing. The rain has kept water in it so far all this fall and winter, but I think they’d like fresh water without moss now that it’s warm enough not to freeze.
5. There’s an ecumenical Good Friday service on Zoom this evening with ministers from 13 different congregations in the area all participating. I’ve felt like we’ve been in Lent for the last year. This should put a period on it! I’m ready for Easter, but we’ve got to get through the next two days first.
How about you? What made you happy today?