1. The Palm Sunday sermon made me think on several levels.
2. Happiness is not Joy. Joy is subversive. Joy happens in the midst of adversity. Joy is necessary to stay sane.
3. Jesus created this silly parade with him riding on a stolen donkey and grown people dancing and singing and waving “leaves” as the kids identified the palms we had in church. Jesus knew he was headed to the cross, but that silly, joyful parade was necessary for him and for his disciples.
4. I finally got the Spicy Siamese Noodles at lunch spicy enough. I had to ask for level 5 spice, but it was good.
5. Spent the afternoon reading in front of the fire and listening to the wind and rain. Then an hour or so ago, it cleared off and the sun is out and getting in my eyes.
How about you? What made you happy today?