1. From the sermon this morning “Resurrection keeps happening daily, and sometimes hourly, when we we remember who and whose we are.”
2. We have a mantra that we begin every Sunday morning service with: “I am a child of God, holy and beloved.” When I say that, and through the week when I remember it, I realize that I have to grant the same thing to all the a$$holes in my path. If I can claim God’s love for myself, I have to grant it to them, because I know what an awful person I can be.
3. Pan-fried trout for dinner today. (Dinner is at noon for this Southern girl.) I’m always pleased when it’s on the menu because I’m not fond of seafood, but I love freshwater fish.
4. I finished packing for my train-trip to Detroit, (leaving tomorrow) by about 3:30 this afternoon, after washing everything in the laundry. All that’s left is to add my meds and my wires (electric toothbrush, Kindle, iPad, iPhone, etc).
5. Went to Starbucks and got a vente mocha, because RESURRECTION and drank it with a scone. Lent is OVER.
6. BONUS: A couple of people told me how much they like these “5 things” posts. I do them for myself so I will notice the happiness that I feel most of the time. I know that if I don’t deliberately notice I can easily sink into angst about social justice, or global warming, racial problems or misogyny, or any of a myriad of other ills facing this country. But these posts have really improved my own outlook. I really appreciate it when folks tell me they like them, too.
How about you? What made you happy today?