Nor hell nor heaven can that soul surprise, who loves the rain, and loves his home, and looks on life with quiet eyes.Frances Shaw
1. The bright blue days seem to be gone for a while. Gray and cloudy this morning with a temperature of 50 deg. Rain should return tomorrow or Saturday. It cleared off a little by lunch time, and the afternoon had blue skies with puffy white clouds. Still only 60 deg, though.
2. My plans for the morning didn’t work out, so I did a fair amount of reading on my Leaphorn, Chee, and Manuelito book.
3. Pork chops with cinnamon applesauce, canned corn and a Yukon Gold potato for lunch.
4. We had a good discussion on Brexit and the EU in Great Decisions this afternoon. We agreed that it must be really tough for the authors to write the articles 12-18 months ahead of time. At the time they were writing this they had no idea that Trump would lose, or even anything more than the beginnings of the pandemic.
5. I’m enjoying my subscription to the Smithsonian Magazine. It comes as an email every afternoon with photos and writeups of interesting things. It’s pretty inexpensive – I think $12 a year.
How about you? What made you happy today?