1. Happily on-time all the way into Chicago (even a little early).
2. The staff on #Amtrak are always good – helpful, tactful, and kind. The folks this trip were extra special. They went out of their way to see that all of us (even the crotchety old farts) were well taken care of.
3. The Red Cap delivered me to the nearest entrance to Monroe St so I could get started in the right direction. I have never figured how where I am inside Union Station in Chicago since they reopened the Great Hall. I used to be able to find my way around with no problems, but now it’s like I don’t know which way is up.
4. I had a nice walk down to the Marriott Residence Inn.
5. The hotel has happy hour with snacks, so I think I’m just going to have a glass of wine and nibble before I take my shower and hit the sack early. I’ll have to find my way to the Wolverine tomorrow morning early, so I’ll definitely be taking a cab.
How about you? What made you happy today?