Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine into trees.John Muir
1. It was in the mid 40s with drizzle and wet streets when I got up this morning. It managed to get up to 52 deg this afternoon, still drizzling. That’s good because we needed it.
2. Al was busy most of the morning with a Zoom call, so I just piddled around. It’s nice to have a morning to do nothing.
3. I drove down to get lunch for us, because Saturday is my early day to go to the Wellness Center. I got a Big Mac meal for Al and a KFC chicken dinner for me. Terrible health-wise, but you’ve got to have salty, fatty stuff every now and then.
4. After my trip to the Wellness Center (where I got my steps for the day), I spent some time thinking about my writing project.
5. I’m still thinking about whether I want to redo my planters and hanging baskets. A friend of mine who has several raised beds that she built six or seven years ago, realized they were rotting, and falling apart, and she decided to just let them go back to wildflowers. She basically gave me permission to let my extensive planting lapse.
How about you? What made you happy today?