May we never forget the crippled, wind-beaten trees, how they, too, bud, green and bloom. May we, too, take courage to bloom where we are planted.Br David Stiendl-Rast
1. The day dawned cloudy and 45 deg, Low 60s for the high this afternoon. It was pretty breezy which made it feel cooler.
2. Today is the birthday of Roger Tory Peterson who wrote A Field Guide to the Birds. I have him to thank for my grandmother’s, mother’s, and aunts’ devotion to birds, and for my own love of observing, feeding, and identifying birds. My life would be much poorer without the birds outside my window.
3. The Bistro special today was two egg salad sandwiches for $5.75. YES, please…
4. We got the okay on the sink repair today! I’m happy that came before the housekeepers were here, so, now it’s cleaned as well. Clean sheets on the beds, and clean bathrooms, along with a clean kitchen!
5. I’m super glad the CDC has said we don’t have to wear masks outdoors as long as we’re not in the middle of a crowd (like at a baseball game).
How about you? What made you happy today?