Whatever our individual troubles and challenges may be, it’s important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level.Shakti Gawain
1. Colder this morning at 45 deg. It was partly cloudy with showers threatening. We had alternating blue skies and rain all day – with very little warning that it was going to rain when it did.
2. I went to a Senior University zoom class on Gender 101. The professor’s thesis is that gender is a construct, perpetuated, largely, by advertising and our background. It really has very little to do with sex.
3. It was still cold(ish) at lunch time, so I fixed tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
4. There was a big clap of thunder about 2 pm and the wind picked up with rain. We NEVER have thunderstorms. I love elemental storms so the thunder made me really happy.
5. Looking at the financial news and how everybody is losing their minds over the fact that the monthly jobless report is less impressive than it could have been, I’m reminded of what Krugman said yesterday, “We should get worried only if we see one of two things: evidence that expectations of continuing inflation are getting embedded in price-setting decisions, and/or evidence that the economy is getting hugely overheated.”
How about you? What made you happy today?