I want to TRUST JOY, and not just look over my shoulder for when the next wave of awful is gonna hit me.Nadia Bolz-Weber
1. Still cool (high 40s) and cloudy when I woke up. Topped out at 61 deg this afternoon under partly to mostly cloudy skies.
2. The staff fixed little goody boxes with chocolates for all the women on campus. I got cards from the #1 son and his family and an Amazon gift card from #2 son and his family.
3. Big Al took me to breakfast/brunch at OddFellas. They certainly don’t skimp on the portion sizes. I had 2 scrambled eggs, ham, hash browns and whole wheat toast. The ham was a whole 8 oz ham steak (that I only ate half of), the hash brown potatoes covered half the plate (I wasn’t able to eat any of them) and the toast was two pieces with OddFellas homemade strawberry jam. Al ordered a 3-egg omelet stuffed with cheese, ham, chicken, and bacon. He wasn’t able to eat but 2/3rds of it, and he managed about the same amount of his hash browns, but he couldn’t eat his toast at all.
4. On the way home from the restaurant we stopped and picked up my Safeway mini order that I made to get us through until we go to the commissary later this week. The only thing they didn’t have was blueberries. I guess that’s why Starbucks hasn’t had blueberry scones in weeks. I managed to make it in to church in time for the sermon. We continue to hear about stories of Courage. On-line church makes it easier to slip in late.
5. Greisser Girls Gab is this afternoon. Harriet (vacationing in Hawaii) wasn’t able to make it. Betty and I still had fun. Betty is taking care of a hurt knee, so I know she’ll welcome the company, even if it’s virtual.
How about you? What made you happy today?