Beware those who claim to know the mind of God and are prepared to use force, if necessary, to make others conform. Beware those who cannot tell God’s will from their own.Barbara Brown Taylor
1. Mid 40s but bright and sunny when I got up. The breeze blew and the radar showed little popcorn showers all over the Kitsap. The temperature managed to get to the upper 50s.
2. I finished the Tuesday NYT Crossword puzzle with no hints and no mistakes.
3. Sunday will be Pentecost, so in Bible study we looked at Peter’s speech to the gathered crowds after the Holy Spirit caused the disciples to speak in tongues, and Ezekiel’s exhortation to the dry bones to stand up and live.
4. Big Al and I had tuna fish sandwiches for lunch. The Bistro (which isn’t open but delivers from the kitchen) has a special on Tuesdays. Today it was two sandwiches for $5.25.
5. Starbucks finally had scones on the menu again. so I treated myself to one with my afternoon mocha.
How about you? What made you happy today?