Honor the space between no longer and not yet.Nancy Levin
1. It was actually raining when I got up – not drizzling – not threatening – actual rain! We need it. It has alternately stormed and cleared with bright sunshine all day, with temperatures firmly stuck in the 50s.
2. The continuing news from the oil and gas industry that shareholders and owners have stood up and are requiring the three major companies (Royal Dutch Shell, Chevron, and ExxonMobil) to cut back on emissions is making me really happy.
3. This morning Big Al and I dropped $5.4K on hearing aids for Al. He seems pleased with them, and I’m pleased that we won’t be getting a divorce because I think he’s ignoring me. He has 30 days to decide if he really wants them, and if he can’t get used to them he can take them back – no harm – no foul.
They are rechargeable, programable, with blue tooth to his phone, and a 3-year warrantee.
4. We stopped on our way back to FTJ at Mandarin Japanese restaurant for lunch. I had spicy tuna roll and sashimi, and Al had ramen with chicken and vegetables.
5. I facilitated our Great Decisions lesson on Zoom this afternoon. We talked about The Arctic and decided, once again, that we were having a hard time with the material because it was written a year ago when nobody knew who was going to be president, or what kind on government we would have.
How about you? What made you happy today?