Who would deduce the dragonfly from the larva, the iris from the bud, the lawyer from the infant? …We are all shape-shifters and magical reinventors. Life is really a plural noun, a caravan of selves.Diane Ackerman
1. Beautiful, sunny day this morning with temps in the upper 40s. We had a lovely, warm afternoon with the temperature in the low 70s.
2. I ran to Trader Joe’s this morning to get my sausages and found some mini blueberry scones. I got a package of 6 to eat with my afternoon mochas. They are very tasty. I realized I have zero self-control, so instead of giving up mochas and scones, I decided to decrease the sizes, thereby cutting 75-100 calories from my regular diet without depriving myself. It couldn’t hurt.
3. For lunch I made mini pizzas on 10 inch tortillas for Big Al and me. They were good and 1.5 tortilla each is about all we want.
4. After lunch I went to the Wellness Center and polished off most of my steps for the day. On the way home, I went back to Tacoma Boys (where I got the hanging basket last week) and got two more small hanging baskets that I took the hangers off of and put them in some flat pots I have on the back porch.
I also got three begonias to put in the planters on the front porch (the ones I said were too much trouble to take care). I should get them planted this afternoon or tomorrow.
5. When looking at the front porch flowers, I realized one of the pots that I inherited from somebody (I forget who) had cracked and a big chunk had broken off, so I’ll have to get a couple of new containers to put the dianthus in. The dianthus is so satisfactory – virtually deer proof and very forgiving when I forget to water it. It’s also comes back after the winter (as long as its pots haven’t cracked).
How about you? What made you happy today?