Integrity is choosing courage over comfort. It’s choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy. It’s choosing to practice your values rather than simply professing them.Brene Brown
1. It was in the low 50s when I woke up with the marine layer in full force. It cleared off a little about lunchtime, but then it socked back in. “They” are still forecasting that it will get to the mid 60s before dark, but it’s going to have to work on it.
2. We had a Senior University Lecture – Social Inequality – Race 101 – on Zoom this morning. The lecturer did a really good job again this month. You may remember last month was Gender 101.
3. I got salad greens from Safeway yesterday, so today we had big salads for lunch. Al added the leftover tuna, and I added shrimp to mine.
4. I see where Amtrak is bringing back full meals and table service on their long-haul Western routes. That will certainly be nice (if I ever get to travel again.)
5. I’ve been listening to podcasts as I work out, particularly when I’m on the NuStep. I had basically run out of anything I wanted to watch on the iPad, but I did see that Netflix has picked up Downton Abbey. I may start watching that.
How about you? What made you happy today?