As long as I’m alive, I will continue to try to understand more because the work of the heart is never done.Muhammad Ali
1. Another cloudy, cool dawn with a 49 deg. temperature. It was raining by breakfast time, and kept on all afternoon with temperatures in the mid 50s. Way too cool/cold for June.
2. I settled down for church on Facebook Live, but, alas, it never materialized. About 11:20 we got an email that the system had crashed and they were trying to film it for broadcast later. Because it’s the first Sunday of the month, I was prepared for Communion, with my little glass of wine and a lemon Oreo cookie, so I said a prayer, and drank the wine and ate the cookie by myself. <sigh>
3. Since I got finished with church early, we headed out to Tokyo One in south Tacoma for lunch. I had a bento box with teriyaki chicken, teriyaki beef, shrimp tempura, veggie tempura, six pieces of sushi, and three pot stickers. Really good, but I’m stuffed. Big Al had salmon with salad and rice.
4. We have a new resident here. He’s the second one I’ve seen. The other one is probably a week or two older – at least he’s been around for that long. (Photo courtesy of Dick Griffin)
5. I didn’t have much (or anything) important to do the rest of the afternoon since the Greisser Girls Gab has moved to Tuesdays. I may have spent a while reading, watching Netflix, and/or napping.
How about you? What made you happy today?