We need disruption like the mountain of racism being compelled to skip and dance in retreat from the advancing storm of peace.Rachel Hackenberg
1. Bright, shining morning with blue skies and warming temperatures.
2. We had a Zoom meeting with other residents of Franke Tobey Jones to let our representatives on the Board of Directors know about our dreams for the Strategic planning committee. I’m not sure we weren’t spitting into the wind, but we again asked for expanded Wi-Fi, more/better meeting spaces for independent residents, and the beginning of switchover to solar roofs and charging stations for electric vehicles. If they are planning for the nest 10-20 years, they had better start on those things now.
3. We had red beans and rice with little smokies sausages for lunch. It’s still cool enough today to make that seem tasty.
4. We attended a Zoom talk from a professor at the University of Puget Sound who has written a book about Colin Powell. It was really interesting and pointed out how he was both a hero and flawed.
5. I have to finish this early because I’m returning to my personal trainer in a few minutes. We’ll see if she can help me regain some of my faltering balance.
How about you? What made you happy today?