We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.James Baldwin
1. Nine years ago today, Big Al and I arrived at Franke Tobey Jones, and put down as many roots as we’ve ever had. I can’t think of another place, or another set of people (other than family) I would rather be with. The residents that were here and became our friends when we arrived have gradually died or moved to different living situations, but they’ve usually been replaced by even better friends. And the quality of the staff has only improved. I love the Wellness trainers, the kitchen and food service folks are great, and the administration is solid and caring.
2. The weather today is spectacular. Bright blue sky, gentle breeze and 72 deg. this afternoon.
3. We had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today.
4. Probably because lunch was usually what we have on Saturdays I’ve felt like it was Saturday all day long.
5. There was a Happy Hour in honor of Father’s Day today, but Big Al and I didn’t partake because they were having Root Beer and soft Pretzels, neither of which we are fond of. That’s okay.
How about you? What made you happy today?