Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.Arthur Ashe
1. Mid 50s and scattered high clouds early this morning. This afternoon was a fabulous blue sky day with temperature of 73 deg.
2. I’m pleased that Juneteenth has been officially declared a federal holiday. I’ve always known what Juneteenth was since I grew up in Texas. We moved to California when I was in 4th grade, and I got in trouble when I insisted that the end of slavery was June 19, 1866. No, no, no my teachers told me – that happened in 1862 with the Emancipation Proclamation. <sigh>
3. I fixed mini pizzas on 10″ flour tortillas for Big Al and my lunch.
4. It was quiet in the Wellness Center so I was able to stay a little longer and finish off my steps.
5. I added a few extra steps by taking a walk around the Duplex Circle while Al napped in his chair.
How about you? What made you happy today?