Compassion is an action word with no boundaries.Prince
1. Good sleeping weather last night – mid 50s this morning when I got up. The weather is still pretty decent (high of 81 this afternoon). Everyone is hanging crepe about the forecast temps of over 100 over the weekend. I’m glad we have air conditioning (and who knows what the electric bill will be), but we can certainly survive.
2. Bill McKibben’s weekly column in the New Yorker was especially interesting today. He talks about how the human body is affected by extremely high temperatures. Really good stuff there.
3. We had PF Chang’s Honey Chicken and Signature Rice (Home Menu) for lunch today. It’s very acceptable, easy to do, and tasty.
4. We have our Great Decisions discussion this afternoon. The person leading the group is a retired Foreign Service officer, so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say about China in Africa.
5. I took a short walk around the Duplex Circle this morning. Then I went over to the Wellness Center and worked out on the NuStep this afternoon. It’s air conditioned in there, so that’s good. I’m finished with my 10,000 steps for the day.
How about you? What made you happy today?