Once upon a time, there was the simple understanding that to sing at dawn and to sing at dusk was to heal the world through joy. The birds still remember what we have forgotten: that the world is meant to be celebrated.Terry Tempest Williams
1. Pretty day this morning. Blue skies, light breeze, temperatures in the 70s early.. It was 80+ by the time we finished breakfast (but at least it was a dry heat). It got up to 96 deg this afternoon before the temperature started to fall again. 3-4 degrees below the threatened high.
2. I had opened the front and back doors when I got up to let in the cooler night air. I watered the flowers on the back porch and front porch before 10:00 am and closed up the house. I was born and raised in the South, so I have some experience with trying to keep a house cool in the summer.
3. We had Lloyd’s Pulled Chicken in Barbecue Sauce for lunch today with Bush’s Baked Beans.
4. The Wellness Center was all set up with tables and chairs, as a cooling center. There were board games, cards, puzzles, books, and an ice chest with bottled water. By the time I left at 2:00 pm it didn’t look like anyone had taken advantage of it.
5. I managed to get most of my steps in on the NuStep in the Wellness Center. It was lovely and cool there.
How about you? What made you happy today?