Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.Henry Nouwen
1. One more day to get through, hibernating inside in the A/C. High 70s before 7 am. <sigh> “They” promised relief overnight tonight, but, alas, they’ve changed the forecast and now say it will be in the 90s tomorrow. Better than today’s 105 deg.
2. I got the flowers in back and in front watered before breakfast. I spent the rest of the morning indoors reading.
3. We had ham, asparagus and fresh sliced tomatoes for lunch today. The tomatoes claimed they were vine-ripened, but they didn’t really taste like it. (And, no, they haven’t been in the refrigerator, they’ve been sitting on the window sill since I got them last Friday.)
4. I got all the laundry washed, dried, folded and hung up before I went to the Wellness Center to get my steps for the day.
5. I called an audible and cancelled Gazebo Group because I didn’t think any of us would do well in temperatures over 105.
How about you? What made you happy today?