We owe it to our children to be better stewards of the environment. The alternative? – a world without whales. It’s too terrible to imagine.Pierce Brosnan
1. Still gloriously cool overnight. Mid 50s when I woke up this morning. The sun came out shortly after noon, and it warmed up a little, but it never got out of the mid 60s.
2. I watched the lesson for Great Decisions next week. The lesson is named The Two Koreas but the DVD was mostly about South Korea and the US relations with it. There was very little I didn’t know already, since I lived through the “Korean Police Action”.
3. We had pork chops baked on top of rice with Lipton onion soup sprinkled on, and baked in the oven. We also finished up Big Al’s beans from the 4th of July picnic.
4. I figured out how to send money to my son electronically. He had “fronted” me some money to buy the computers, iPhones, and iPads. I’ve been meaning to send it to him, but I don’t write checks any more, and it takes forever for the bank to send it. He has USAA, as we do, and I would rather have just had it deposited to his account. Anyway, it was a piece of cake once we both got on Zelle.
5. We had Duplex Social, hosted by FTJ this afternoon. I brought the goodies home to Al from the Bistro because somebody decided it was too cool and cloudy to hold it at the Gazebo (as advertised). Of course about 30 minutes after they made the call to move it, the sun came out and it warmed up.
BONUS: They are finally finished repaving the street in front of the house, and I can bring the car home from the parking lot across the street.
How about you? What made you happy today?