We must use our time and our space on this little planet that we call Earth to make a lasting contribution, to leave it a little better than we found it.Representative John Lewis
1. I woke up with bright blue sky and sunshine – mid 50s. It warned up fast, and was 70 by lunchtime. It topped out in the mid 70 with blue skies and sun.
2. I watched church from my living room this morning. I really prefer not having to drive to the church. I’m also usually distracted by too many people, The scripture was from Revelations 4. We heard about the church in Ephesus and saw pictures of the modern day ruins.
3. It was such a beautiful day that Big Al and I decided to eat lunch on the waterfront. We went down to Boathouse 19. Alas, all their outdoor seating had an hour wait, but we were able to score a table by the window in the bar. Big Al had his favorite – Jambaliaya. I had Southwest Prawn Salad – shrimp, corn, black beans, avocado, onions, and tomatoes on a bed o romaine, with lime/cilantro dressing. Wonderful!
4. I ran to Safeway and picked up milk and some ice cream cups as soon as we got home. I enjoy their little 3 oz snack cups – about 100 calories and great for mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
5. When we got home, Al sat down in his chair in front to the computer and was out like a light. I’m considering dozing in the sun in the rocking chair on the back porch.
How about you? What made you happy today?