Things have changed, while I was thinking they would revert. The world has settled into a groove when I thought we were at a traffic light.Murphy
1. Cooler again today – 54 deg when I woke up, but clearing already. The afternoon topped out at 73 deg with blue, blue skies.
2. Commissary run this morning. Not a major shop, but more than just a Safeway pickup. I’ll wait to get tomatoes and peaches when I go early to the Farmer’s Market on Saturday. I think we’re now all stocked up on necessities. We have more than enough paper towels, and small paper plates. Note to self: CHECK before you go next time.
3. I can’t believe Big Al was able to get all the frozen stuff in the freezer. We used to say Nannie had a rubber back on her refrigerator. I think Al is not just an in-law to her – he’s got to be a direct descendent.
4. By the time we got home, unloaded the car, and got all the groceries put away, it was 1:30, and I had lost all desire to fix dinner. We went down to the Ram at the waterfront and had big ol’, slimy ol”, juicy ol’ hamburgers. Big Al had French fries with his, andI I had coleslaw with mine.
5. We had Great Decisions discussion group this afternoon, talking about the two Koreas. The discussion leader taught Chinese history at the college level for years, so she was a help in understanding the time we had all lived through. Unfortunately, again we decided that the two Koreas are a problems we have no answers for.
How about you? What made you happy today?