Wanting more and more and more is the virus that results when we are not content with and grateful for what we already have.Jan Edmiston
1. 59 deg when I got up this morning with blue skies and a gentle breeze. The weather topped out around 80. Nice!
2. We continued in Revelation’s Letter to the Seven Churches with Pergamum (Revelation 2:12-17). This letter is very much “inside baseball”. Places and symbols in the letter don’t mean much to us – but we assume they were familiar to the Christians of the day. We learned that Satan’s throne referred to the temple to Zeus, located there. The references to snakes reminded us of snake handlers in Appalachia and also of Moses who held up the caduceus to cure the Israelites in the desert.
3. It was “fix your own lunch” dad at Casa Watters. I. had a ham sandwich enlivened with fresh tomato slices, and a wonderful sweet onion.
4. I’m really proud of Simone Biles for prioritizing her mental health over a possible medal. I was particularly struck by what she said in her statement – that she had a hard time performing for an organization that had let her and the other gymnasts down over Larry Nassar.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. The best part of talking to them is the fact thatI I can scream and holler about the Olympics, and sport, and vaccine deniers and global warming, and Congress, etc., etc., etc. And they don’t think the worst of me because of it.
How about you? What made you happy today?