Summertime is always the best of what might be.Charles Bowden
1. Cool, pleasant weather when I got up – 60 deg with blue sky. Warmer this afternoon – 84 deg. for the high. Still pleasant.
2. I spent the morning slicing peaches to go with my scones/shortcakes, and slicing an English cucumber to make German cucumber salad.
3. We had bratwurst and sauerkraut for lunch today. I made the German quick pickles to have with it.
4. I met with Sarah, my personal trainer, after lunch, and worked on balance, strength, and agility; I’m still pretty wobbly walking on uneven pavement, but I think I’m improving.
5. After Sarah was finished with me, I spent some time on the NuStep (in the air conditioning) wile I listened to “Now and Then“, Heather Cox Richardson and Joanne Freeman’s podcast. Today they were talking about the Toll of Human Infrastructure. Very interesting.
How about you? What made you happy today?