The pandemic shows us above all that twenty-first-century survival depends on an ability to handle chaos.Bill McKibben
1. Nice day today, but. a little warmer. 61 deg when I got up. This afternoon warmed up to the mid 80s – not the threatened 90 deg from the forecast.
2. I spent the morning working on a spreadsheet for Big Al that has all the regular bills and regular income on it. Most of those are automatic payments where the vendor sends the bill to the bank, and the bank pays it. I did one for him in 2017, but I’ve added quite a few subscriptions, etc., since then. He seems happy.
3. Lunch was ham, sweet potato, and I had black-eyed peas, while Al had red cabbage. I had originally planned on asparagus, but, alas, it had gotten limp in the vegetable drawer since we went to the commissary. One of these days, I’m going to learn not to buy too much produce at a time, even if it is cheaper.
4. The staff brought ice cream to us at the Gazebo (other buildings get their ice cream where they live). They had Ice Cream Cones this week – and there was much rejoicing.
5. Several of us sat out there and ate the ice cream and visited for a while, before taking our cones and returning to our own houses.
How about you? What made you happy today?