…preaching freedom is cool, but it takes some wilderness to get there.Nadia Bolz-Weber
1. Pretty morning this morning. Clearing clouds – low 60s for the temperatures. 80 deg this afternoon. AUGUST!
2. One of the fellows from the Gazebo Group stopped by the front porch yesterday and lifted down the hanging basket for me. I “think” I got it trimmed up – most of the dead fronds that died in the heat in May are gone. I also gave it a good drink and deadheaded the geraniums. One of the maintenance men hung it up again. Unfortunately, there was a stinging nettle growing in there, and I got stung for real!
3. It’s Tuesday, so everybody fixes their own lunch. I had a ham sandwich with onion slices and tomato slices. I think Big Al is having “dog food” (canned corned beef hash). Admit it – it smells just like dog food!
4. I came home from the Wellness Center about 2:15 – and, lo and behold, there was a puddle in the garage coming from the hot water heater. Al called Maintenance, and they sourced a new one from Home Depot. They turned off the gas, and emptied the tank. Then one of them ran to the store and picked a new one up. All three maintenance guys worked on bringing it in and hooking it up, and by 4:30 it was installed, and the water was warming up! That’s why I live here.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. I’m the family records keeper, and one sister has questions about our maternal grandfather’s family – how they got to Arkansas, and when. I think I answered all their questions. Both my grandmother’s family and my grandfather’s family came to this country in the late 1700s or early 1800s. One branch started in Pennsylvania and the other three branches started in Virginia. From there they all followed the trail of the immigrants into North Carolina, then Kentucky, down into Tennessee, and then into southwestern Arkansas. I wish there was someone in our children’s generation who was interested in genealogy. I have most of it written down, but I know a lot of stories that aren’t. Oh, well.
How about you? What made you happy today?