Earth’s crammed with heaven, And every common bush afire with God, But only he who sees takes off his shoes; The rest sit round and pluck blackberries.Elizabeth Barrett Browning
1. I woke up to many Happy Birthday messages both on my email and on my Facebook. Thanks so much to all of you, gentle readers. And even more actual birthday cards.
2. The sisters and I had a running IM conversation most of the morning talking about catch phrases our grandfather used to say. They are both staying indoors in the air conditioning because we are all three under heat advisory warnings. New York, Arkansas, and Washington state. (Do you think Global Warming is a hoax?)
3. My doorbell rang midmorning and there was one of the staff with a gorgeous bouquet and card signed by all the staff for my birthday.
4. For lunch, Big Al and I went to The Lobster Shop (scene of our regular Christmas dinners) for my birthday lunch.
Big Al had fried shrimp and I had caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes, and steamers.
I also had Key Lime Pie for dessert, with a candle in it.
5. We got home just in time for the Duplex Social, hosted by Franke Tobey Jones. Assorted drinks and fresh berries. Really good. Great birthday, all around.
How about you? What made you happy today?