Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful; for beauty is God’s handwriting.Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. Friday the 13th. Sunrise was really eerie as a bright orange ball hung in the smoky skies. It never really cooled off last night – 65 deg when I woke up. AQI is 130 – dangerous for sensitive groups. This afternoon under still smoky skies the temperature got up to 91 deg. The smoke kept the temps lower than forecast, and the AQI improved to 85 – Moderate.
2. I spent the morning catching up on all the stuff that went by the wayside yesterday when I was focused on my birthday. Picked up a prescription at Safeway, read articles in the NYT and Seattle Times that I had saved, etc.
3. I made tunafish salad for lunch to eat with the last big tomato from the Farmer’s market. I’ll be going back tomorrow, so I can get some more. We had ice cream delivered by the staff in the middle of the afternoon, and they had drumsticks again this week.
4. I went to the Wellness Center after lunch and finally got to listen to Heather Cox Richardson’s History Chat from yesterday. She has been talking about indigenous people this month and today she talked about the American Indian Movement and the occupation of Alcatraz in the early 1970s.
5. Our AppleTV appliance is VERY old, so I haven’t been able to take advantage of my AppleOne+ for the movies. I finally realized I can cast the movies to the TV from my iPad, so I’m happily enjoying Ted Lasso.
How about you? What made you happy today?