…when we vote, things change. When we vote, things get better…Kamala Harris
1. I woke up to mid 50s and a promise that it wouldn’t get above 65 later. They got the afternoon temperature right, except it never got above 63 deg,
2. <Sigh> The road in front of our house is being rebuilt – again! They were here before 8:00 am, and I have hope they will be gone by suppertime. They made such a hash of it the last time that they are starting from scratch again, scraping off everything they laid down the last two times.
After ice cream, they were mostly finished. I’m really getting tired of smelling tar and/or asphalt.
3. For lunch I fixed Seafood Louie. Shrimp and krab on a bed of lettuce with tomato wedges, and a hardboiled egg. Thousand Island dressing for Big Al and Honey Mustard dressing for me.
4. Today is Friday, so it’s Ice Cream Day. It was really too cool to sit outside and eat it, so we brought our drumsticks home to enjoy.
5. I’m trying not to obsess over Afghanistan and Haiti and COVID. Now I need to worry about my sister in New York who has a hurricane bearing down on her. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.
How about you? What made you happy today?