Things that get scheduled are the things that matter.Hugh Hollowell
1. Mid 50s this morning. It feels like summer is over and fall has arrived. (I wrote this on this date the last two years, but the last two years there was early morning rain – not today unfortunately.) Afternoon temps almost didn’t make it out of the 60s.
2. I wore a sweatshirt to the Farmer’s Market this morning, and I was glad of the warmth. I got tomatoes, potatoes, English cucumbers, pluots, a blueberry scone for me, and a lemon bar for Al, and flowers for the table.
3. Hot dogs with buns for lunch today. Big Al wanted sauerkraut with his but, alas, we didn’t have any. I was happy with just mustard and onions. I also heated up the leftover blackeyed peas, because I felt like I needed some sort of vegetable/fiber.
4. What with walking around the Farmer’s Market and a trip to the Wellness Center I was able to finish up my 10,000 steps for the day by lunchtime. Of course, I went to the Wellness Center before lunch, so there’s that.
5. We each got a second ice cream drumstick yesterday, so I enjoyed mine this afternoon while I watched the new episode of Ted Lasso. They drop a new episode on Fridays for I look forward to that all week long.
How about you? What made you happy today?