Remember, remember always, that all of us, and you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.Franklin D. Roosevelt
1. It was cool and cloudy when I woke up, 57 deg. It never really warmed up this afternoon, even though the sun played peek-a-boo with clouds all day. Eventually it clawed it’s way up to 66 deg. and stayed there with a northerly breeze.
2. The sermon today was about the church in Philadelphia in Revelations. The whole town was destroyed a couple times through the ages by storm and earthquake. Maybe we ought to rename Haiti.
3. For lunch we went to Pomodoro in the Proctor district. It’s a nice little Italian restaurant that’s on our regular Sunday rotation. Because it was so cool, both Al and I had soup for an appetizer – minestrone for Al, and clam chowder for me. Then he had spaghetti with a tennis-ball sized meatball and meat sauce. I had linguini with a garlic lemon butter sauce and clams and tomatoes and lots of basil. Yummy.
4. It looks like my sister and her husband in upstate New York dodged the bullet for Hurricane Henri. They are still ready with extra water to flush the toilets and electric lanterns. They are still keeping their cell phones charged up, just in case. Rhode Island seems to have gotten the worst of it. It looks like Henri will turn back to the East as it approaches the Massachusetts-New York state line. Fingers crossed!
5. I finally got warm at lunchtime, so I spent the afternoon sitting in my recliner and reading (and possibly examining the inside of my eyelids. 🙂
How about you? What made you happy today?