One doesn’t have to operate with great malice to do great harm. The absence of empathy and understanding are sufficient.Charles M. Blow
1. It was MUCH cooler this morning when I woke up – 50 deg. The sky was cloudy, but there were peeks of sunshine over the sound. I put on a sweatshirt because I decided I’m 77 years old and I know when I feel cold! The sun was out most of the day and it warmed up to 70 deg in time for Gazebo Group at 5:00 pm. I’m still wearing a sweatshirt because the breeze is pretty cool.
2. One of the fellows from maintenance came by this morning with some kitchen “remodelers” who said it was totally possible to replace my cracked and badly repaired sink. They are ordering a new one and will work on it when it arrives. (And there was much rejoicing!!!)
3. Big Al had his leftover spaghetti and meatball from yesterday. I decided that the clam chowder was so good yesterday, I would have some more today – only this time it wasn’t homemade – it was Progresso Lite!
4. The laundry is washed, dried, separated, and hung up! I’m always so happy when that little chore is in my rearview mirror.
5. My sister in New York State got a lot of rain last night and this morning, but it will end overnight as Henri blows himself out. And my cousin in Tennessee that I was so worried about yesterday is fine. The TV never says exactly where disasters happen, just “west of Nashville.” That, of course, is a lot of territory.
How about you? What made you happy today?