…every time we think we’ve measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we’re reminded that that capacity may well be limitless. This is a time for American heroes.Jed Bartlett, The West Wing, Season 4
1. Beautiful blue PNW skies – mid 50s this morning. Mid 70s this afternoon under sunny skies.
2. In church this morning we looked at the last of the seven churches mentioned in Revelation – Laodicea. This is where the saying “You are neither hot nor cold, so I will spit you out of my mouth” comes from. That church was rich and fairly powerful and didn’t think they needed anyone else. Reminds me of several churches I’ve known who’ve ended up greatly diminished or closed.
3. I went to a Mission Study group picnic and meeting in one of the parks after church. We are preparing to call a new pastor, so this is one of the steps for writing our Church Information Form that will allow pastors to apply. We talked about our spiritual gifts and practices to clarify what we want.
4. I was able to see snippets of the Cowboys’ game. Alas, it looks like they are sadly unimpressive again this year. They lost to the Jaguars 34-14.
5. Big Al wanted to go get SUSHI, so after my picnic in the park (I didn’t eat much there), we went to Mandolin This is one of the few times we can go on a Sunday, because they don’t open until 4:00, and Al wants dinner at noon.
How about you? What made you happy today?