It is a powerful practice to be generous when you are the one feeling in need.Allan Lokos
1. Sunshine and low 50s when I woke up this morning. I was glad of a cup of hot tea when I first got up. It clouded up before 8:00 and, although there have been sporadic sun breaks It hasn’t warmed up much.
2. After breakfast I went to Safeway and picked up the groceries I had ordered last night. Just a few things like milk, bread and crackers. Only they didn’t have the crackers I ordered for Big Al, so I ran inside and got a substitute. While I was there, the little individual ice cream sundaes called to me, so I got them as well.
3. Lunch was ham, boiled red skin potatoes, and corn on the cob. This is probably the last corn of the season.
4. The laundry is all washed, dried, folded and hung up.
5. We ARE having Gazebo Group, but I may or may not go. It’s still pretty cool, and I’m pretty tired. Mondays wear me out with laundry, shopping, and gathering up the garbage to take out to the curb so it will be picked up tomorrow morning. At least the housekeepers come tomorrow.
BONUS: I’ve got relatives and friends in southern Louisiana, and I’ve been worried about them all day. They are all well, but have no electricity and the roads are all flooded. Spare a thought for them. THANKS!
How about you? What made you happy today?