The miracle of autumn is coming: the season when change is decidedly beautiful, the days when creation testifies to the power of rest and death to make room for life.Rachel Hackenberg
1. A little misty this morning, and still cool and cloudy – temperature 49 deg. The heater had to come on to warm the house up to 70 deg. I think this is the first morning this summer that it was below 50. It’s only 64 deg this afternoon.
2. Based on the weather (although the calendar says it’s not even September), I got out my orange table cloth and my fall decorations.
I also rearranged my closet to feature fall-themed sweatshirts. I still have t-shirts available, though. Some people get a charge out of early spring. Give me fall any day.
3. Since it’s Tuesday, we each fixed our own lunches. I had a ham sandwich with sliced tomato and onion. (I’ll keep the tomatoes as long as I can even though I’m dreaming of colder weather.)
4. The housekeepers came today and I have a clean kitchen, clean bathrooms, clean sheets on the beds, swept, vacuumed, and mopped floors.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. We solve the problems of the world every week!
How about you? What made you happy today?