I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.
1. Cool morning – high 40s again. Mid 70s this afternoon. Beautiful clear sky, but, alas, no rain.
2. I spent a lot of time worrying over the new abortion law in Texas. I thought my days of demonstrating were over, but I’m beginning to rethink that.
3. Lunch Bunch today at Citron European Bistro. We took the FTJ Bus – only folks that we are around every day. They also opened the restaurant just for us so we felt comfortable eating without masks. This is the first time we’ve gone since 2019. Al and I opted out last month because I knew the restaurant would be crowded with people who might or might not be vaccinated or wearing masks.
4. I had escargot, and capresi salad. Big Al had onion soup and chicken cordon bleu.
5. Then we had dark chocolate mousse for dessert.
BONUS: Sadly FTJ cancelled the scheduled trip to the fair. It’s a lot of fun, but with COVID running rampant everywhere, and not being able to trust other people to be vaccinated, or to wear masks, it’s best not to go. I’m so please that college football is broadcast on TV and you can even see better on TV than in person.
How about you? What made you happy today?