We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.Alphonse Kerr
1. Another bright, sunshiny day in the Pacific Northwest this morning. Low 50s when I got up, It clouded up around noon, and ended the afternoon in the low 70s.
2. I attended a Zoom class from Senior University this morning on Critical Media Literacy. We looked at popular movies and TV shows as they showed systemic racism and sexism. Friends was obviously all white. It was also very homophobic, Of course, All in the Family was problematic There’s a quick test to see if a movie or series in sexist. 1. Is there more than one female lead? 2. Do they both have names? 3. Do they ever talk to each other about anything other than men? Thankfully, YA movies (Young Adult) are much less sexist. The Hunger Games strings to mind. Maybe the world is getting a little better.
3. I fixed a steak, boiled potato, and fresh green beans for me for lunch. Big Al had his leftover chicken cordon bleu from yesterday with potatoes that he saved, and some more of the green beans. This was the first batch of beans I’ve gotten this year that weren’t terribly stringy.
4. My niece had her baby at noon today. I can’t wait to meet her in person. In this picture she looks like “Put me back – put me back!!!”
5. We watched a little PAC-12 football last night. I have a hard time with Thursday night college games because in my head, Thursday night is for NFL. There’s another PAC-12 game tonight, that we may or may not watch. The “REAL” season starts tomorrow with the Ducks playing Fresno State at 11:00 am. Fingers crossed.
How about you? What made you happy today?