…joy and laughter are essential for building the superpower of resilience…Ari Honarvar
1. Warmish this morning when I got up – low 60s and cloudy, It never got much warmer than the mid 60s all day.
2. Trip to Trader Joe’s and Safeway this morning. I’ve got sausages for the next couple of weeks, and I picked up a prescription at Safeway.
3. Unfortunately, I was fixing bratwurst and sauerkraut for lunch, and I managed to burn everything up. The smoke alarm went off and squealed for what seemed like forever. I opened all the doors and waved a towel at it, and it finally quit hollering.
4. Maintenance is checking on why nobody called when the alarm went off. I expected someone to either call or the fire department to show up. Neither happened, but now they’re working on it. I guess it was good to find out there was a glitch in the system before any damage was done.
5. FTJ brought us ice cream this afternoon. Al and I each had a drumstick! It probably would have been better if it were warmer, but I don’t have to have hot weather to eat ice cream.
How about you? What made you happy today?