Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.The Talmud
1. Today is 9/11. How well I remember this day 20 years ago. I can’t think of anything about that day that makes me happy now – people dead, two wars, places of beauty and countries who used to be our friends gone. The only thing to be happy about was the way the country came together for a short while – for a couple of months we were one country – no longer divided.
2. The temperatures were good – mid 50s this morning and upper 60s this afternoon. Looking at the pictures from last year, I’m happy we aren’t shrouded in smoke this year.
3. Football all day – starting with Oregon v Ohio State. Big Al slipped out, ran to McDonald’s and picked up two Big Breakfasts with pancakes for us during the first half of the game. Excellent brunch.
4. Who says the PAC-12 can’t play with the big boys. UCLA over LSU last week and this week Oregon beat THE Ohio State, in the ‘Shoe.
5. I was walking on air after the game, so I went to the Wellness Center and got all my steps for the day finished. We’re still in the middle of Cal and TCU. Later I’ll watch whatever is on until Stanford and USC at 7:30 PDT. I’ll probably be footballed out by the end of that game.
How about you? What made you happy today?