In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity.Sun Tzu
1. Clear and cool/cold this morning when I got up – 47 deg. with streaks of orange sunrise in the Eastern sky. It clouded up mid-morning. This afternoon topped out at 70 deg. with a real possibility of drizzle or (dare I say it) rain later!
2. We got back to Bible study this morning for the first time in over a month. I’ve really missed it. Still working on the Season of Creation. The texts all focussed on the Second Day – when the Bible talks about the sky. A firmament in one translation, a dome in another and a vault in a third. I’ve found the sermon means so much more to me on Sunday when we’ve studied the texts on the Tuesday before.
3. It’s Tuesday, so it’s feed yourself day. I had leftover tuna fish sandwiches. Still very tasty. I discovered when I went to the Wellness Center that they are opening the Bistro again with salads, sandwiches, baked goods, and drinks – including mochas. Yippee!
4. The housekeepers came today. I have fresh clean sheets on the bed, swept, mopped and vacuumed floors, a clean kitchen and clean bathrooms.
5. Greisser Girls Gab this afternoon. It’s always good to talk to the sisters. We talked about old timey books that meant a lot to us growing up, including some that are considered “racist” or not socially acceptable today – but that we loved. They are books that need be put in a time capsule, so people in the future can see how we were influenced and how we grew up.
How about you? What made you happy today?