My husband John lived by a code: country first. We are Republicans, yes, but Americans foremost.Cindy McCain
1. It was cool and foggy (mid 50s) when I got up. It warmed up nicely to the mid-60s this afternoon under partly cloudy skies.
2. I discovered I had a fair amount of free time this morning, so I was able to read some more on my current Inspector Lynley.
3. I fixed chicken parts in a casserole with rice-a-roni, and a choose your own vegetable – black-eyed peas for me, and beets for Big Al. I was able to put the casserole in the oven before I went to the Wellness Center, so I just had to warm up the veggies when I got home. Catering to Big Al’s desire to eat lunch later is hard but not impossible.
4. HCR kept me entertained while I worked out with her History Chat on Facebook Live. She talked about how the current situation, politically, is between two competing ideas on how the country should be run. The first feels that government should protect business and the people people in charge, and the second fells that government’s job is to provide a basic social safety net, regulate business, and promote infrastructure. That dichotomy has been around since Lincoln and the Civil War.
5. The leader for our Great Decisions discussion this afternoon on Zoom Is an MD who worked as an industrial physician with Weyerhaeuser before he retired. He brought needed expertise to the discussion on the World Health Organization.
How about you? What made you happy today?