A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things.Barak Obama
NOTE: File this entire post under the heading of “the best laid plans…” I started early this morning and wrote most of it, based on the information I had at the time. Major edits were necessary to #1 (weather belied the forecast), #2 (Bible Study cancelled) and #4 (no HCR). I’m posting this quickly because I’m afraid if I wait Griesser Girls will be cancelled.
1. Coldest morning of the fall, so far – 35 deg when I woke up, with a wonderful sunrise over the Cascades. Of course, it promptly clouded up, so most of the day has been gloomy. A misty rain started abut the middle of the afternoon, and threatens to continue indefinitely. 48 deg for a high. Brrrr
2. Bible Study was cancelled for today – several people had to be gone and we have a guest preacher on Sunday. That gave me a whole morning with not too much to do, so I filled my time with picking up groceries (ordered yesterday), reading emails and blogs that had been hanging around a while, and trying my hand at a NYT Tuesday crossword (didn’t do so well).
3. Housekeepers came and I have clean sheets on the beds, swept, mopped, and vacuumed floors, a clean kitchen, and clean bathrooms.
4. I had a ham sandwich and one of the little tomatoes I got at the commissary. Big Al fixed his own lunch while I was at the Wellness Center – not listening to HCR’s Politics Chat that was cancelled.
5. Greisser Girls Gab – I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the cancellation bug doesn’t get us.
How about you? What made you happy today?